Friday, November 13, 2009

The Carnival Came to Town…

I was on my way home from running some errands today, and as I drove through the intersection of Roswell Road and US 41, I noticed an old-time carnival that had just been set up in the old Kmart parking lot across from the Big Chicken.  As usual, I drove past, and then started thinking.  To keep from dwelling on a missed photo opportunity, I went around the block and circled back to the parking lot where the carnival was.

I immediately wished I had a film camera with me, but the only camera I had on hand was my point-and-shoot digital Fujifilm F50fd.  I had an immediate vision of the photos that I wanted to get, and I had a clear idea of how to use Photoshop to easily convert the straight color images to get the film-look I wanted.

The following images were taken within a one minute period.  Click, click, click.  Done.  (There were also three throwaway images not shown here.)

DSCF3134b

DSCF3132e

DSCF313e

Here are the three unedited color images straight from the camera:DSCF3134DSCF3132DSCF3130

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All photos by Phillip Morrissey on this blog are protected by a Creative Commons License.  All rights reserved.

Creative Commons License
This work by Phillip E. Morrissey is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment